Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Quite the busy week...

I have gotten precious little done at work (well, little *work* done) but I don't know where the time went! I do spend some time watching salsa video clips and trying to imitate the moves, but no more than a normal lunch break.

Last night, I helped Mitch teach a private lesson with Andres, a very sweet young guy who has a thing for a girl he met while salsa dancing. He's thus a very motivated student :) Been running consistently every morning, which feels great. I've lost 2 lbs, not as much as I'd like but better than nothing. This weekend will be quite busy because Alex's group is having their anniversary event-- Thursday in San Antonio, Friday and Saturday here in Austin. Should be some good dancing!

This afternoon I'm playing racquetball, then I have to make some goodies for the Aloha-Aloha party in the office. (Saying goodbye to our law clerk, saying hello to a new attorney.) We're also saying happy birthday to all the August babies, but don't ask me how to say it in Hawaiian (I looked it up on the internet and passed it on to the banner team.) I'm going to make white chocolate chip-macadamia nut cookies and tropical fruit skewers (pineapple, banana, mango, starfruit and kiwi.) And don't forget, it's Wednesday, so you know what my dinner will be-- Hut's Hamburgers for two-for-one night! Yum!

Late late tonight our friend from the Valley, Rosie, will be arriving at Mitch's. She's in town for a work-related conference, and she'll stay with Mitch through the weekend to enjoy the salsa. Friday our friend from Houston, Dr. Jerome Carter, gets in too, so it will be a full house and lots of fun.

No comments: