Sunday, October 12, 2008

1-6

That's how I did at the tournament-- I WON A MATCH! hop hop hop! I couldn't believe it!

Me, after all my matches were finished and I literally let my hair down...



The best news is that I am not injured at all and I didn't injure any of my opponents. It was a phenomenal and extremely fun learning experience and will become more so as I spend time on the mats learning from my footage, but I'm still ecstatic to have won one round!

Mitch is working on making my video footage. Here's some pictures...

My team from the Relson Gracie school: Ian, Ulises, me, Scott (my mentor, coach, corner and wing to tuck under, if that makes sense) and Emmanuel...



The rules meeting before it all started...


Scott cornered all my matches and took first place in his division...


The two other ladies-- Sarah and Melissa-- and I all grappled each other *and* the guys in our division, the under-155-lb people.


Don't ask what I was doing in either of these pictures. I can't tell, and I probably had zero clue when I was in the moment, either.



2 comments:

Elyse said...

Thanks for your comment on the gis for women!
I'm adding your blog to my google reader, fyi :D

Good luck with your training!

btw, I'm tight with some Relson people in VA, so that makes us almost family :P

Elyse said...

p.s. also thanks for your comments on what's in a game!
I love that you picked guillotine and just went for it. I think until someone's been training for years they have to just pick something because a) reacting only doesn't quite work, and b) the person may not have developed enough to figure out what their best moves are (that's me). Troubles are compounded when you've trained a bazilian different places because people tend to go with whatever their coach does most frequently. The lucky side is that when scattered people finally do develop a "game" it's more personal and probably more effective! (but that's just what I've been told in reassurance).