Saturday, May 07, 2011

crap my knee.

I woke up this morning with a knee roughly approaching the size of a ruby red grapefruit, and about as likely to bend in the middle.

So I alternated warmth and ice, took some ibuprofen, and tried to walk around some to loosen it up. Lately I seem to notice this knee being a little stiff and fat-feeling in the morning, and usually it works itself out in a few minutes. Not so much this time. I finally had to make the call about an hour ago- Dallas or no? And since my teammate Courtney wasn't depending on me for a ride, I decided to bail. It doesn't hurt much, just feels... weird. A combination of tight and loose, opposite of where things are supposed to be tight or loose.

Good luck to my teammates Rebecca and Aaron who will be competing tomorrow!

5 comments:

Sean said...

bummer...hope it heals up quickly- try not to push it too much too soon!

Caleb said...

you did the right thing!

AJ said...

man, sorry to hear! you should get that knee looked at!

Megan said...

Yeah...sounds like it may need some treatment from one of those professional guys.

Shark Girl said...

Better safe than busted knee.