Monday, November 28, 2011

Stretching to reach the keyboard? - with photos!

Haha, just kidding... I didn't eat that much on Thanksgiving Day! Hope you didn't either. I figured out this was my 20th Thanksgiving dinner party in Austin... not bad :)

We had about 26-28 people over for dinner, and I made a mountain of food (most of it healthy, too.) A 23-pound turkey, gravy, stuffing of course... but numerous vegetable sides and my plate was 3/4 veggies and one slice of juicy breast. Sweet potatoes with ginger and orange (from a friend)... I made roasted green beans with red onions and walnuts.. a stir fried brussels sprouts dish garnished with candied pecans and bacon... and braised kale with garlic. Mashpots too, with not as much butter as I could have included. Pecan and pumpkin pies (I didn't eat either!) and an apple-raspberry crisp made with oat flour for a gluten-intolerant friend. Sadly, I failed in my "no dessert initiative" (I don't care for pie or cooked fruit) because a teammate's girlfriend brought a ....

....

DOUBLE-DECKER, CHOCOLATE-CHIP PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE....


*sigh*

It was really good. I had to eat my whole slice. I couldn't say no.

Some random pictures, kindly taken by guest and good friend, Ammad...



Paul, who runs TXMMA.com...









Bill was a mentor to me for my first few years out of law school.


Bill's daughter Leah has been coming to my parties since she was eight. Now her dad emphasizes the benefit of a child who can also be your designated driver.


Many people chipped in with the phenomenal desserts, only a few of which are shown here...


We did it buffet style in the kitchen then you had to find a place to sit-- tables throughout the downstairs. Like having 4 separate grownups tables. Or kids tables?




Elaine (and her husband Ajay) have been coming to these Thanksgivings for years, and now they bring their kiddos too. This is Anya...


Anya has gorgeous eyes..


Ajay with his eldest, Yana...


Checking out the fish tank..





These were the best brussels sprouts ever. Well, they're the only ones I've ever liked. The candied pecans and bacon helped.




A good time was had by all :)

I lazed around the majority of the weekend. Did some Black Friday shopping and collapsed on the couch to watch that Emily Kwok/Stephan Kesting instructional, How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent. Spent Saturday at the Abu Dhabi World Pro Trials in San Antonio and I'll get you some killer matches soon. Congrats to many teammates who performed excellently :) :) Went in to the office last night. Didn't really train any at all until this morning and again at lunch. Not really stressing the enormity of my derriere at the moment. After all, my fifteenth annual Christmas Party is on December 10th, and I have to cook up a storm for that too.

Anyway, I am slowly putting together several reviews. I have an evidentiary hearing Dec 5-7 and an answer due Dec 15th, but when those are done I'll be posting a flood of stuff.

In the meantime, peep this CRAZY RECEPTION by Aaron Dobson!!!!

1 comment:

Liam H Wandi said...

it sounds like a great time was had by all! I really loved the dvds by Emily and Stephan!