Thursday, May 03, 2012

The back mount, by Rener and Matt.

Last October I was able to attend Rener Gracie's backmount seminar at my old academy.  I took extensive notes and re-wrote them the next day, trying to make everything in full sentences that would make sense looking at them a year later.

Well, I have only reviewed those notes 3-4 times since then, and it was kind of an exercise in curiosity when I shared them with my friend Matt, who did not attend the seminar with me, to see if he would be able to make heads and tails out of them.  He went one further and mindmapped it for me!

So-- here you go.  I don't swear it's all correct because my memory may be flawed-- and Matt wisely left a lot of detail out (I don't intend this as a substitute for attending Ryron and Rener's seminars, which are outstanding in terms of breadth, depth, and the excellence of the teaching skills displayed.)

The good news for you-- not only will I finally be reviewing a STACK of other instructionals next week, while I'm in Vegas slaving away as an egg factory-- but MAYBE Matt will do some other mindmaps for us-- seeing as he already has some of the same DVDs!  I think this mindmapping thing is an excellent adjunct to notes taken and I'm hankering after a copy of Inspiration 9 (the program which made it) of my own.

Check out his other mindmaps on his blog ... I love the one he did of Ryan Hall's Triangle (here's Disc One.)

Tonight, I am back for more abuse by my teammates headed to Worlds.  I'm getting used to being sore when I go to bed and sore when I get up.  I've lost six pounds, hooray!

Cheers and happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Liam H Wandi said...

This is awesome G! Thanks.

Cyrus said...

I've been thinking about how to do exactly this. THIS is why I network with other Jiu-Jitsu bloggers! Good stuff Georgette.