Thursday, May 24, 2012

Leg lock defense with Alan Belcher

I admit, I screamed like a little girl several times during Belcher's recent fight against Rousimar Palhares.  And yes, what I screamed at least twice was "Tap!"  Good thing he wasn't listening to me.  Of course I've seen Palhares crank the crap out of better legs than mine, so I had an excuse-- but Belcher knew what he was doing, fo' sho.

Guess who's putting on a free webinar on leg lock defense?  That's right-- Alan Belcher.  I found out about it from Grappler's Guide founder Jason Scully.

It's on  Thursday May 24th 2012 at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern time.  Remember this is an online event so anyone from all over the world can join. Make sure you get your spot reserved, though-- here.

A sample-- his kneebar counter/set up for the "hug" choke:



I haven't been training much jiu jitsu lately-- gearing up for trial again next week.  I've been in the gym every day at lunch, but basically destroying any progress I might be making with snackies.  *sigh*  A handful of pretzels here, a slice of cheese there, and it adds up.  Today I have a sack of baby carrots on my desk, and I plan on making it to class at 8pm.  Wish me luck.

No comments: